Saturday, July 14, 2007

Teaching

Well, this afternoon we went to the Beijing New Bridge High School

This is where I will be teaching 4-12 yr olds English for the next 15 work days. Starting Monday! Hmm 15 working days. Count it. Well, that puts me to the date I leave. But, don't worry, faithful readers, I will be doing one of the days on the Sat or Sun before I leave. So, my last day at the school will be 3 August. Whew! Just in time to pack and get on the plane.

I have a pretty easy schedule. 9 am - 12 pm however, there is 2 hours worth of public transportation on each end. So, yes, I will be spending more time on the bus and subway than in class. You are probably saying: What! That's crazy! But, I'll tell you why.

1. Delainie gets to go with me for free. She will be in her own class with kinds her own age learning Chinese & English. She gets the experience of being in a real class with real Chinese kids. A definite plus.
2. It gives me something to do. I have seen most of the fantastic sights in Beijing. Shu shu is probably tired of us staying around the house and being our tour guide. I don't really think this but it will give him some break.
3. We get a free lunch. Yea!
4. I am really excited about doing this.
5. The least important reason is that I am paid. Just like my substitute.

For all of those reasons and many more am I looking so forward to going on this new part of our adventure.

I'll let you know, Monday, how my first day went.

No comments: