Sunday, July 8, 2007

Beijing Walmart Supercenter

Okay one annoy thing has happened. I can't add titles to my daily blogs.

Oh well, continuing with SUNDAY. We went to one of three Walmart Supercenter's in Beijing. Let me tell you it was an experience. One, I have to say, I will not repeat on a weekend. Walmart's are different in China. And you should expect them to be. The one we went to had 3 floors. Bottom floor, and the busiest, was the grocery & household items. Second floor had cosmetics, stationary, music & books. Third floor: toys, electronics, clothing & sheets & towels.

Typical like most Chinese Department stores you pay in each department: books & videos, eyeglasses, jewelry. We had to pay for these purchases in the departments. All others were checked out on the second floor with everyone else. The lines were long but very quick.

I would recommend going just for the experience. It is a good place to get a lot of different things that the local Wu mart doesn't have. But, realize it is very crowded and best visited on a week day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.