Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Still Sick

Well, now we are both sick! Delainie has been sneezing all day. We spent the day watching videos and sleeping. Shu shu went to an appointment so, we were able to spend some time outside the room in our pj's.

Okay, I mentioned before that Delainie was reading the Princess Diaries, right? Well. I had nothing else to do so I read them. They are entirely inappropriate for 8 yr olds. I think they would be better for 16 yr olds. I bought them because we had seen the Disney movie. I thought it was safe for my daughter to read. NOT! The books spend too much time talking about french kissing, finding boy friends and Mia's father's private parts and his ability to produce another heir. Thank GOD most of what was in the book went over her head. Disney really sanitized the first book when they made it a film. I will put these books away until a more appropriate age. We have made choices as to what our daughter reads & watches. From now on I will read a review of the book before I buy it. I really thought these books would be safe. But they weren't.

I would rather allow her to read Harry Potter which by the way she has read all of them until now. Sorry to say, we will miss the release of the next book because we are in China. Maybe next time we will be able to go to one of those parties at Barnes and Noble.

No comments: