Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Independence Day in China

Hello,

Independence Day came and went here with no fan fair. Well of course it did silly, it is not a Chinese National Holiday and it is not July 4th in the US yet. I wonder if it will make the evening news. Maybe tomorrow's news because you are 12 hours behind us and to see the fireworks it needs to be morning here.

Speaking of fireworks.

We hear them a lot here on Friday's & Saturday's. Nan says it's because someone was married and they set off fireworks before they enter their new home for good luck. They sometimes do it a second day to make sure.



Again we watched Madame White Snake. See a picture of Delainie watching it?





Delainie spends a lot of time reading. I bought her the Princess Diaries for her to read during the summer. She has read almost all of them and they were supposed to last the whole time we are in China.






Shu shu is very interesting. He will go to the store and come back with lunch sometimes. Today, he came back with the most delicious steamed buns I have ever had. They are even better than the Golden Delight Bakery on Bethel Rd. I think it's because we are in China and the ingredients are for these dishes are easier to get meaning readily available. But I haven't found a place where we can get strawberry cake like theirs. So, their reputation is safe.

I cleaned the room today and kicked up a lot of dust. We are both snuffing today. We took allergy pills to stop it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ammy, I love reading your blog, keep it up! But I do hve one question, who are you staying with? I didn't see that at the beginning. Thanks, Ginger